- First event of the season is Toni Braxton and Bill Bellamy who will get us moving as we marvel on their singing prowess on June 2, 2016 at Fabulous Fox Theatre.
- Also, Cyndi Lauper’s soulful hits that will put you on your feet and dance the night away. Catch her performance live at Symphony Hall Atlanta- Woodruff Arts Center on June 5, 2016.
- Next stop, Ellie Goulding will serenade us with her hits that make us fall in love while dancing the night away. Fall in love all over again at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Encore Park on June 6, 2016.
- Selena Gomez is quite busy this summer as she will also visit Atlanta for a heart- racing show at Philips Arena on June 9, 2016. She’s going to be having a private concert as well where she just solos with the piano. She’s actually really good on the piano. Best part is that one of my friends who works for a piano moving company in Atlanta will be moving the piano for this show. The name of the company is called Piano Movers HQ. It’s going to be awesome.
- Keith Urban will also make our summer hotter with his greatest hits and soulful voice on June 11, 2016 at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Encore Park.
- Dashboard Confessional, Taking Back Sunday, The Early November will join forces to give us all the feels for the summer on their one- night only concert on June 22, 2016 at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Encore Park.
- On August 20, 2016, the black pop culture will relive with us the important part of history when the black people fought for their rights and social justice through music. It’s only fitting to hold the Talking Drum event at Center for Civil and Human Right
Conceived in the Year 2003 in San Francisco, MAN DEAD ON ME TURN brings back heavydelic space rock from the future in the tradition of Ziggy Stardust and Jane’s Addiction. MAN DEAD ON ME TURN ‘s first full length recording, “God Bless the Electric Freak” has been born.
MAN DEAD ON ME TURN has performed throughout the Bay Area including such venues as The Pound SF, The Hotel Utah, The Red Devil Lounge, The Hemlock Tavern and The Mission Creek Music Festival. The band is currently receiving heavy rotation on WFMU 91.1fm, NYC. MAN DEAD ON ME TURN has been featured in the West Coast Edition of Performer Magazine, SF Weekly, and the San Francisco Bay Guardian
Reviews on MAN DEAD ON ME TURN
Have you heard MAN DEAD ON ME TURN and their album, “God Bless the Electric Freak?” Holy cow! What a great album! WFMU has been hyping this record and this band for months with good reason – they’re both awesome.
The leadoff track “Killer Sound Waves From Space” is a psychedelic-tinged rocker that is at times moody and trippy but always intensely catchy. Kind of like Jane’s Addiction meets Sgt. Pepper. “Apocalypse Rock” updates the stoner rock sound with distorted vocals, a repetitive thumping riff and enough angst to rip the roof of a house. “Sunshine Supercreep” sounds like Ravi Shankar jamming with Queens of the Stone Age while “Beatle George” gives an obvious nod to one of the band’s primary influences.
San Francisco’s MAN DEAD ON ME TURN excel in creating huge monstrous riffs and dousing them in waves of melody so that both the discerning listener and the headbanger can enjoy the love. Perhaps most refreshing about this album is its ability to be a heavy metal record with a healthy pop sensibility.